Some things I like and some things I don't.
Mumford & Sons
Reblogged from fuckyeahlost
DESMOND: Penny…Penny, you answered. You answered, Penny.
[In London, Penelope is at home standing by a Christmas tree.]
PENNY: Des, where are you?
DESMOND: I’m…I’m, I’m on a boat. Um…I’ve been on an island, and — Oh my god, Penny. Is that really you?
PENNY: Yeah! Yes, it’s me!
DESMOND: You believe me? You still care about me?
PENNY: Des, I’ve been looking for you for the past three years. I know about the island. I’ve been researching—-[static]—-and then when I spoke to your friend Charlie, that’s when I knew you were still alive. That’s when I knew I wasn’t crazy. Des, are you still there!?
DESMOND: Yes, yes, I’m here! I’m still here, can you hear me?
PENNY: Yeah, yeah, that’s better.
DESMOND: I love you, Penny. I’ve always loved you. I’m so sorry. I love you.
PENNY: I love you too.
DESMOND: I don’t know where I am, but—
PENNY: I’ll find you, Des—
DESMOND: —I promise—
PENNY: —no matter what—
DESMOND: —I’ll come back to you—
PENNY: —I won’t give up—
BOTH: I promise. I love you.
[Static cuts them off.]
SAYID: I’m sorry. The power source went dead, it’s all we have.
[Desmond walks toward Sayid, his memory of him and his time on the island returning.]
DESMOND: Thank you, Sayid. [They shake hands] It was enough.
SAYID: Are you alright now?
DESMOND: Aye. I’m perfect.
Maybe the greatest episode ever.
Reblogged from smilingfork
Irish Cream Cheesecake-Marbled Fudge Brownies
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish cream liqueur
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9- by 13-inch metal baking pan with foil, edges overlapping the pan. Grease foil with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan set over low heat, combine unsalted butter, and semisweet and unsweetened chocolate. Stir frequently until the mixture is smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Fold in flour.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth the top.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur and egg yolk.
- Dollop the cheesecake batter over the brownie batter. Using a knife or metal offset spatula, swirl the cheesecake batter with the top layer of the brownie batter.
- Bake until the cheesecake batter is just set in the center and a toothpick inserter in the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Using the overhanging foil, lift the brownies out of the pan. Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Cut and serve. They are best served cold.
Reblogged from fuckyeahlost
“I didn’t pluck any of you out of a happy existence. You were all flawed. I chose you because you were like me; you were all alone. You were all looking for something that you couldn’t find out there. I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you.” (via)
Love this quote.